The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Friday, November 30, 2007

You Don't Have To Do This.

Choices come up in peoples lives all the time. Sometimes they're important like "Should I buy this five dollar hit of acid from someone I met 15 minutes ago" (That actually happened to me about 3 weeks ago... gotta love college), and sometimes they're the complete opposite like "Humm... do I want to buy the new B-side Killers album or pick up Superbad on DVD when it comes out in a few days". I was recently faced with the self-imposed decision of whether or not to sell my Nintendo Wii in order to buy an XBOX 360 off of Mr. Tom Day and I like to think that this decision fell somewhere in between the two mentioned previously.

This idea had been floating around in my head for a while and it wasn't quite as easy as I imagined it would be. Sure the Wii was just about as innovative as anything I've ever seen in my life (I don't get out much)and as soon as I played it I was hooked like a freshman is hooked on snorting Adderall in the weeks preceding finals.


The problem was that as soon as I was not playing with a group of people it just wasn't that fun anymore. The problem was compounded whenever I would play games like Bioshock or Gears of War at friends houses and I had a great single player experience. I mentioned the idea to Max a few months back and when he said he started to think about it after I mentioned it I realized that it wasn't that half baked of an idea and I'm pretty sure it made it on the Stache blog(by the way - sorry Max for being such a bad person and giving you that idea).

So yeah, I did it. I sold the Wii on ebay, then I bought Tom's 360 with a couple of games to boot. Do I feel bad about it? I really don't so bad about the decision as I feel bad about how by selling my Wii for a 360 I'm admitting to everyone (but most importantly myself)that I can't grasp the coming times or revolutionary game play.

Am I happy about the decision? Fuck yeah, I couldn't be happier. I love Halo 3 and I've found that I'm actually really fucking good at it. I don't play that often (I'm not even kidding), but when I play online I manage to usually lead my team and end up with the most kills quite often. It's been suggested by a few that, aside from making me Aryan, god's greatest gift to me is my ability to pick up just about any game and become devastatingly good insanely quick and Halo has reinforced that.

Did I make the right choice? Who knows, but I've spent too much money and lost too many percentage points in my classes to worry about that anymore... I've got some Halo to play.

p.s. Has anyone seen the Bob Dylan biopic "I'm Not There"? I really want to and it sure as hell isn't in Moorhead.

3 comments:

3_the_hard_way said...

I just saw no country in fargo. it was amazing

royalewithcheese_ said...

It's the best film I've seen in three years probably. I'm going again saturday afternoon.

constant_k said...

Man no country for old men is ballin'. Not gonna come to brainerd until oscar season, though.

Good job, Jordan, for following your heart. I don't have the gumption to sell the Wii, so I'll just buy super mario galaxy instead and play some halo 3 on other people's 360s.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics