The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Yo Ho Ho.

What makes a hero? Well, here at The Stiche Corner it takes a special quality to put them above just being a hero and being a hero befitting of the name Stiche. What is that quality? I'm not even sure I know myself, it's more of just a gut feeling and I got that feeling when I found out about Admiral Horatio Nelson and that's why he is the first "Stiche Hero"


"In days of yore when men were men and battles raged across the lands and glory swept the seas, there came upon the world's stage a great leader whose courage and classical good looks quickly became the stuff of tabloids and tavern talk, and you guessed it, legend. Horatio Nelson was his name: adventurer, true friend of the ladies, admiral of the greatest armada ever to set sail"

Horatio Nelson was the guy who led the British fleet to a victory against the combined Spanish and French fleets at the Battle of Trafalgar. It was at this battle where the British prevented Napoleon's forces from invading England as well as the battle where Nelson told his sailors the famous line "England expects that every man will do his duty", which needless to say got them all into a "I'm going to fuck up some Spaniards and Frenchies" mood. Sadly, Admiral Nelson was shot in the spine by a sniper's bullet which led to his death later in the day. Fortunately for his bad ass cred, he waited until he found out the English won the battle before dieing from getting shot in the fucking spine.

His last words have been in dispute over what was actually said and it's split between; "Thank God I have done my duty.", "Drink, drink. Fan, fan. Rub, rub.", or my favorite "Kiss me, Hardy". As a side note "Hardy" was Thomas Hardy, the captain of the HMS Victory... I'll let you choose which one you feel would be most fitting of a 18Th century sailor.

That eloquent passage at the top of the post comes from the back of Admiral Nelson's spiced rum bottle, which needless to say, nearly brought to me knees after reading it. Check out the front label.


Is it just me or is there more than just a passing resemblance to this well known spiced rum...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit. what a great story.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wondering, who is Vaclav Nelhybel?

Anonymous said...

I am neither as the fucking crazy. My musics are to the amazing.





WV: xenxili. A very differenticult term of music in my country.

constant_k said...

Hey man I didn't say your compositions were bad.


Just nuts.

In a good way.

but nuts.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics