The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

We Will Never Die...

Living life to its fullest is never easy. Especially when you go here, the conservative capital of the WORLD, Fargo, ND. And when I say conservative, I mean it. Papa bear Bill O'Reilly would look like Goldie Locks in a nice cardigan sweater around here. Yes... that conservative.

"Hey you, over there. Get yer shit kickers on and follow me, we've got black people on the road." "Why yes sir, I have had sex with my cousin." or the ever famous "What's the difference between a black person and a picnic table?" are all too common phrases thrown about here. It's almost as if I live in West Virginia.

Maybe I don't fit in because I don't chew tobacco? or maybe it's cause I don't hunt anymore? or maybe it's cause I am not racist/inbred?

I am no longer a man here, but rather a concubine domestic capable of cooking, cleaning and knitting.

Trapped in a hotbox with cold crosswinds, my soul lowers itself till I am on par with the drunks at the bar.

Left for death, I find solace in the warm, euphoria of long-cut needles and down-home twangin'

Now my soul rests.

Rising from the ashes of the occasional Marlboro man, I am no longer a man, but a MAN

And thus life goes on, in a vicious cycle of crutches and cows, conservatives and cess pools

Always living beside you, looking down, and laughing.

I am conservative

5 comments:

keuber said...

my neighbor is moving out 2nd semester...

ps. if that was original..."poetry"...tom day, i give you props.

constant_k said...

tom these are the best


is there a breakfast of champions reference in your post that I missed.

3_the_hard_way said...

no the tag was supposed to say "satire, the breakfast of champions."

constant_k said...

it puts your labels in alphabetical order as seperated by commas

sherlock said...

man, you make my life tom.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics