The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Criminally Insane

So yeah, I had one of those "life afirming" moments the other day. In Bio Lab we're just getting to the brain and whatnot so when I showed up to lab wednesday I was expecting to work more on our fetal pigs (we named our pig "Jupiter" - he's the fuckin' king of the pigs now) and probably crack into their skull to check out what's going on inside there but I was wrong.

We showed up and our teacher, Janet, let us all know that we would be working with a real person's brain that they had donated to the school for use as kadavers and to be honest it didn't freak me out so much as just make me think deep for the first time in a while. When I was holding this person's brain, I realized that I was holding everything that this person was. This dude (or dudette) had a lifetime of memories and experiences that were all at one point held right there. He laughed, loved, probably ran from the cops all the while thinking about what would happen if he was caught and that was all controled by what was in my hands.

After class I just kind of walked around without a whole lot of direction or objective for about 10 minutes. Then I remembered that I had to study my ass off for a Spanish test so I went back to my dorm and grabbed all my stuff and headed to the library for one last hour of cramming for a subject I couldn't give a shit less about. I was down to a 15 minutes left to study and was tired as fuck so I did what any self respecting person does when they need to stay awake for just a little bit longer; I started listening to Slayer's Reign in Blood because nothing wakes me up like some uplifting music like that.

My time was up so I decided to pack up and head over to class to take that test and I was stopped by a group of three people who were conducting a survey and asked me to fill it out. To be honest I couldn't hear what they said at first because I was still listening to Reign in Blood so I had to take out my headphones and have them repeat what they had said and when they did I said sure why not.

The survey was just a single question, but with that single question I realized I was fucked in so many ways. The question read "What percent chance do you think you'll make it to heaven?" This was the question asked to me as I was listening to Slayer... shit.

By the way, I answered 45% but that was being a little bit generous.

2 comments:

Jules said...

dang. still with you or worn off?

royalewithcheese_ said...

It's still there for the time being. Lets hope I can ride this pony for a while

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics