The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Storytellers for the Ages

Man, if you guys don't already listen to National Public Radio, you need to start.


Minnesota native Garrison Keillor has a ridiculous gift for the monologue, and there's not a lot that makes me smile more than his stories on "A Prairie Home Companion."


Ira Glass likewise brightens my day with delightfully informative non-fiction and insightful fiction pieces compiled in "This American Life."

I don't usually have a radio available to me to listen to the programs I really like; fortunately, however, these two programs, as well as numerous others including "Car Talk," are available as podcasts (well, "The News From Lake Wobegon" segment from "A Prairie Home Companion" is available).Whatever political persuasions you hold dear, everyone should get some enjoyment (and dare I say balanced news stories) from NPR.

And if public radio's reputation is just too goddamn "Democratic" for your ass: fuck y'all.

1 comment:

royalewithcheese_ said...

My mom got me listening to NPR a few years ago and that's pretty much all my radio is tunned to when I'm home. My favorite programs are "Fresh Air", "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me", and of course "Car Talk".

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics