The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Don't Believe What You Read

The line between being uterly relaxed and being bored as fuck is often times an unclear one. Since returning home for Easter break, I've managed to watch the entire Die Hard series as well as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. There is little doubt in my mind that I am more relaxed now that I have been since Christmas break, but last night something strange happened. I got bored. It might have been that I was watching Die Hard 2: Die Harder (in my opinion the worst of the films) or that I just wasn't digging it, tough saying. So With that said, I'll do a quick roundup of stuff I've found while messing around these past few days...

Speaking of Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz, Simon Pegg is set to play Montgomery Scott or "Scotty" in the new Star Trek adaptation Directed by J.J. Abrams. I've never been a Star Trek guy, but Simon Pegg is pretty much the best thing to come out of England since Nick Frost. Who knows, I might see this.

Max Cavalera has a new album coming out and I'm excited as hell. Max Cavalera was the lead guitarist and singer to the 80's Thrash metal band "Sepultura" who along with Metallica and Megadeth, created Thrash. Just to give you an idea of how badass this guy is, he removes the bottom two strings from his guitar (the thin guys) because he has no use for them in his riffs. That's fuckin' badass if you ask me. As far as hard rock goes in my personal experiences, all of the hard rock I listen to comes from Thrash in one form or another. That said I've been a huge fan of Max Cavalera's first band Sepultura as well as his second major band Soulfly. Well, last night I was watching something that I probably shouldn't have been considering it's Easter weekend; headbanger's ball. In between videos there was an interview being conducted with Cavalera and he was premoting his new band "Cavalera Conspiracy" which puts him back together with his brother Igor Cavalera who was the origional drummer to Sepultura. Their first album "Inflikted" comes out Tuesday and there is no way in hell I'm not going to get it. Fuck yeah.

I found this video the other day and I'm not sure if I like it for the right reasons or for the wrong ones. It's fun to see just when the little guy realizes that something isn't quite right, just check out it's legs.


One last thing while I'm at it...
Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

No comments:

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics