The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Scythian Empire

I personally enjoy bandwagons. Sports teams (patriots), drinks (Caribou Lou), and now selling music for dirt cheap or free on the internet are all of the bandwagons that have been popular in recent months. I enjoyed the Patriot bandwagon because I finally saw them crushed in the Superbowl, Caribou Lou because in recent months Josh bought a shit ton of 151, and cheap or free albums because I don't dig piracy anymore.

When I was checking out the music news on Sputnik (it's a great music site, check it out) this morning I saw some great news. Nine Inch Nails decided to not really tell anybody until yesterday that they wanted to release a whole new double album, called "Ghosts" on the internet until April when a physical copy comes around. It's a double album containing 36 tracks that are all instrumental. Some of my favorite tracks on past NIN albums have been his instrumentals so needless to say I was stoked as hell.

He even put on the first quarter of the album for free online for people to check out. From there, I was able to order the entire album for the low low price of only $5 bucks. F to the Yeah. They also offered a physical copy for 10 bucks, a deluxe edition for $75 bucks, and a Ultra-Deluxe edition for $300. I'm sticking with the five dollar purchase, because the Ultra-Deluxe would take just under half of my bank account and bury its face in a puddle of milk

Just a heads up though, the server at nin.com is swamped all to hell and I wouldn't recommend downloading it there until a few days pass because it's slow as hell. They're selling it on Amazon.com for the same cheap ass price and The Pirate Bay is hosting the free section on their website (I guess Trent agreed to that, but I'd imagine the rest of it is on there by now).

If anyone would like to contribute to the Battle of The Bands, just let me know and you can do whatever you like in the second round. I'll post the first round in a couple of instalments and if you feel you're up to it, get in on the fightin' writin'

1 comment:

sherlock said...

I already know Andrew Bird is winning in the first round from the title of this post.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics