The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Battle Royale

Who loves Battle of the Bands? I sure do. There is nothing like seeing a group of people who may be tone deaf or who can barely play the bass give it hell and try their best to make some money or get some recording time at a studio. As with all Battle of the Bands there are those who don’t know their shit and crash and burn in front of a crowd of 75, but there is also always the people who actually can sing or have progressed past power cords.

As much as I love them, there is something that I’ve never truly been able to come to terms with: the name. When I first heard of a Battle of the Bands when I was a small boy, I had visions of musicians wildly throwing their guitars through the air or singers running the other band’s roadies down with a tour bus. Now that it is March, I think I can finally live out this fantasy of mine.

March Madness is right around the corner so brackets are everywhere and I’m creating a 16 band tournament of single elimination (more than likely by death, kinda like celebrity death match but with less detail) from four genres including; Alternative, Metal, Under the Radar, and Wild Cards. I’m going to try to finish all of this by the end of March, but we’ll see where motivation takes me.

The bands...

ALTERNATIVE -
The Killers
Muse
Radiohead
Silversun pickups

METAL -
As I Lay Dying
Black Label Society
Lamb of God
Rage Against the Machine

UNDER THE RADAR -
Andrew Bird
Death From Above 1979
Nuclear Balloon Arrows
Psychostick

WILD CARD -
Bob Dylan
Nine Inch Nails
The Offspring
Queens of the Stone Age


I’ve set them up in alphabetical order to be fair, but other than that they’re all at my mercy (fuck yeah, power trip). I haven’t decided who will win yet for any of the fights so I’ll try to keep everything in check.

Feel free to pick the winners of at least the championship round and who knows, you might win some Stiche Dollars.

5 comments:

The Gimp said...

i may be a little out of my element but in my opinion bob dylan takes the cake hands down... either that or NBA...

Unknown said...

My final 4

NBA over Rage Against the Machine
Bob Dylan over Radiohead

Finals: NBA over Dylan

sherlock said...

I'm gonna say Radiohead v. Andrew Bird, with it being a close call and Radiohead coming out on top.

constant_k said...

NBA by a mile

constant_k said...

MEET-NORF, THE MEAT OF TOMORROW!

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics