The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jordan, Just Trust Me

My friend, buy this album. Do NOT hesitate - do it, and do it now. I promise you shan't regret it. "Happy Birthday!" by the German production duo Modeselektor not only features Thom Yorke on their most ambient track, but they've got some kick-ass French rap and ridiculously fun beats ubiquitously.


To fully emphasize this point, I don't know if I even enjoyed Kenna's most recent work as much as this album.

For the rest of you: if you experience nothing else, experience "Dark Side of the Sun." Turn up the bass, hit play, and dance.

6 comments:

royalewithcheese_ said...

This is really good timing. I'm going to go sell my body for $70 bucks later in the afternoon and I should now have some cash to pick this up.

3_the_hard_way said...

yeah not before you pay me 190 :)

royalewithcheese_ said...

Very true Tom... Well, there was a bit of miscommunication and I only got 20 for selling plasma, so I'll get you some more cash when I see you.
Should I be scared of having my knee caps blown off?

royalewithcheese_ said...

yeah, I pretty much just pissed in the face of my bank account and got the album anyways.

First thoughts: This is really infectious and dark, but at the same time I kinda want to dance in my dorm. It'll take a couple of listens to get used to glitch, but this is damn good stuff. God bless you Cameron and your badass music finding skills

constant_k said...

man this blog is ridiculous


stayin' true to its name


keep it up

sherlock said...

I can't claim all the responsibility - iTunes made a song of theirs free for a week back in '05, and I just had the good sense to check up on them again. Glad you enjoy homeslice

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics