The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fear The Ear

Holy fucking shit...



When I first started looking around at potential colleges there would always be some sort of hang-up that I just couldn't quite get over no matter how hard I tried to look past things that didn't matter and actually see the college for what it was, an institution of learning (Hell Yeah to run-on's). Whether it was the fact the college was in Iowa or it was way too fucking expensive, I'd always find some sort of glairing flaw everywhere I looked and Concordia was no different. It didn't bother me that it was a Lutheran college (Fuck yeah to Sunday night prayer services) or had $100 dollar fines for the first alcohol violation (my condolences to Mr. Underhill and other fallen comrades), or even the fact it was in Moorhead (don't even need to say anything about that). The thing I was hung up on was the fact that my school mascot was a fucking cob of corn. Seriously, what the fuck dude?

That all (kinda) changed when ESPN posted this article online. Supposedly The Concordia Cobber is the 2nd best nickname in all of college sports. The only team to beat us out was the banana slugs of UC-Santa Cruz. I'm one to settle and be pretty damn happy about this...

Oh yeah, I'm still a fucking piece of corn, but I'll take whatever I can get and 2nd place is mighty fine.

2 comments:

The Gimp said...

dude most of those mascots are so gay. Student Princes, Cotton Blossoms,Poets, come on. none of those mascots deserve to be whispered in the same breath as names like boiler makers, Saluki (Egyptian hunting dog able to reach speeds in excess of 40mph) wolverines, blue devils, cow boys, game cocks, razor backs. espn has gotta get their shit together.

royalewithcheese_ said...

You're just jealous that your mascot is a bison. They were slaughtered by the millions and are now sold at county fairs. Come to think of it corn is sold at county fairs too...

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics