The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Scandinavia Rocks

Two recent additions to my music collection that will prove useful to me and anyone else with same/similar goals of music enjoyment and study:
  • Sigur Rós – Hvart-Heim
    • Hvart, the first of the two discs, features a number of previously unreleased and even a few previously unrecorded songs. Heim contains live acoustic renditions from a tour they did in their home nation of Iceland in 2006-07. I could not be happier with this as study music for my finals next week.
  • The Hives – The Black & White Album
    • These Swedes have taken a rather over-done genre and made it something special. Their brand of pop rock always makes me glad, but is a bit excited for studying. This will be reserved for post-exam celebratory music. I'll let you know more after I've listened to it for awhile.
The point of this post? Bands not from Scandinavia should either move there, or stop making music.

Also: I bought Dumb Luck by Dntel, who is Jimmy Tamborello of the Postal Service. So far it is very good even though he ISN'T from Scandinavia.

1 comment:

keuber said...

ummmm...

guster?

point proven.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics