The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Friday, December 7, 2007

No Use Crying Over Spilt Milk

I got pretty inebriated last night.

While the whole night was fun, I recall one exchange that was particularly amusing.

A girl I know was waiting with my friend and me for our "Saferide" (a free taxi for students) to show up. They were about 10 minutes late, my friend and I had sobered up considerably, and we were moving to strike for home (about a mile walk). The girl protested, and the conversation went as so

Natalia: I've been down here with you guys for like an hour. We're not gonna give up on Saferide.
Me: Natalia, sunk costs are irrelevant.
Natalia: What?
Me: It doesn't matter how much time you've spent down here waiting for Saferide. It's not like you're going to get it back if we do take Saferide, or you'll have to wait more if we don't. All that should influence our decision making is whether the benefits of walking home right now outweigh the current costs.
Natalia:[three second pause] We're waiting for Saferide.

I probably was not that eloquent, but that is seriously what I was talking about at 2 a.m. last night. Christian Barnett would have been proud.

4 comments:

royalewithcheese_ said...

Econ baby! Is this girl blonde because that would make it so much better.

constant_k said...

You know, I think she was.

She was born in Russia, I'll tell you that much.

constant_k said...

Alright, I thought "blonde russian" and my thoughts jumped immediately to Eva from MGS 3 and to Sniper Wolf from MGS 1.

I will have to play those games over break.

royalewithcheese_ said...

Aww yeah, Metal fuckin Gear. I'm praying to white jesus that MGS4 will come out on 360 eventually because I need to play it

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics