The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Don't you just wanna dance?

Everyone needs to buy this album. Now. I first read about Kenna in the book Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, which I know Max has also read. Shortly after reading it I bought Kenna's first album New Sacred Cow, and the long awaited follow-up Make Sure They See My Face meets the high expectations of his cult followers. Kenna's music is unlike anything you've ever heard, but it rings with a comfortable pop-tinged familiarity.

10 comments:

royalewithcheese_ said...

I've listened to some samples on itunes and there is a very good chance I will buy it. And I actually mean I'll pay for it.

royalewithcheese_ said...

Would you recommend that I read blink?

sherlock said...

I found it very interesting and well-written, and would recommend it to anyone.

This is an artist definitely worth supporting

sherlock said...

I decided I had more to say about Blink: Gladwell writes about difficult scientific concepts from a journalistic perspective (he wrote for the Washington Post) that makes the crazy-ass shit of the human mind easy to understand. At least, what little is known about it. He relates the ideas through a series of shorter stories involving different but common aspects of the mind's innate subconscious processing. It was a good read, I only wish I knew were I put it.

constant_k said...

Man I thought blink didn't hold together that well as a unified work, but the individual anecdotes are super interesting.

constant_k said...

Also, stiche, lots of Klan facts are included

sherlock said...

Yeah, the book felt more like a journalistic series on a single theme than a single volume. It was still very interesting.

royalewithcheese_ said...

come on Max, I'm not a fan of the klan. I just happen to be the master race and i didn't choose that although it is sweet as hell

Bockmed said...

Dude Stick,
I want in.

constant_k said...

hey I'm not a fan of the Klan either but it's still interesting.

It's not a tavern; it's a klavern.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics