The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Above the influence





I like to think that I'm my own person and not influenced too much by pop culture. I haven't watched MTV for about a year and a half (I just found out that the backstreet boys made a new album yesterday) and I usually don't follow trends like buying Crocs or livestrong bracelets or any other silicon bracelets. Even though I've got nothing on Cameron as far as how many sick ass amazing bands that few have heard of, I think I listen to a fairly off the beaten path music library.








I also enjoy watching film from all sorts of genres. I'm not going to claim that I have an amazing taste in all sorts of independent and weird ass films, but I think I'm okay in that regards. I enjoyed "Time Bandits", "Requiem for a Dream", and even "Mulholland Drive". Some of my favorite films come from The Evil Dead Series which I would encourage everyone to watch as long as they don't already have a fear of tree branches/rape. The Evil Dead films star none other than Bruce Campbell who is in my opinion the greatest B-movie actor of my time and has appeared in all three "Spiderman films". Fun Fact- Sam Raimi, the director of all three Evil Dead films (which had a combined budget of under 15 million dollars) is the same director of all three "Spiderman" films (which combined budget was 597 million dollars).He plays the role of Ash who is just your average guy with a love for boomsticks and chainsaws who has no choice but to kill the fuck out of the undead time and again.








So what is all this leading up to? I'm a tool just like everyone else and I can sum it up with one video
I've never been that big of a fan of Old Spice or even body spray or body wash, but as soon as I saw this commercial I was compelled to buy some. To be honest I felt a little bit dirty after I realized what I had done but the Old Spice body wash took care of that.

7 comments:

sherlock said...

hot damn do I love Bruce Campbell. It's been far too long since I saw the Evil Dead movies. Stich, one thing you've definitely got on me is the movies. I need to watch more of 'em.

sherlock said...

Also: I found a ridiculously sweet ambient electronica musician named Ulrich Schnauss. I bought it off iTunes, and you should definitely check out the song "On My Own".

constant_k said...

man I've never seen army of darkness


that makes me a bad person

royalewithcheese_ said...

The weird thing is that it actually does make you a bad person.

royalewithcheese_ said...

I ended up buying a strangely isolated place and I like it so far. this is my first ambient album so I'm not sure if this will wear thin after a few days but so far it's amazing. God, i've gotta quit buying music

sherlock said...

Man, I know it's hard. I'll quit making suggestions haha. I think it'll just grow on you.

sherlock said...

Ok damn I lied. The group I was looking at when I came upon Ulrich Schnauss is The Boards of Canada, and I just bought their album The Campfire Headphase and it pretty much rocks my socks

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics