The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Can't Stay

Thanksgiving has came and went and I feel as though I'm just a better person by just a little bit every time I spend time with the family over the holidays. I used to think I knew what was in store for me whenever I went down to Iowa (where the Stich family comes from and mostly still is) for Thanksgiving, but I've learned to expect the unexpected. Here are some firsts/memorable moments for me to be thankful for.

I spent early Thanksgiving day though Thanksgiving late-afternoon with the pop's side of the family and I was in store for something special and it started with nothing more than a simple question. "Jordan," my dad begins asking me, "do you like Pink Floyd?" At this prompt I had nothing else to respond with a resounding "Hells yeah." and boy was I in for a treat. vh1 Classic had an all day Pink Floyd special on so while I was in the kitchen helping out with the food (yeah I know, it's scary to think that I handled food to be eaten) we were watching Pink Floyd concert after crazy ass, oh my god everybody at this show is on drugs and I mean hard hallucinogenic drugs concert.

I smiled a little bit inside.

From there I made it over to my Grandpa's house on the mom's side of the family and I'll just start this off by saying, no we didn't watch more Pink Floyd. We had a nice evening and my Grandpa went off to go to bed so my mom and I were talking at length for the first time in quite a while when I looked over at the television that had been left on from earlier that was left on mute. What do you know, the television show "Cheaters" was on.

For those of you who don't know what Cheaters is, it's a show that allows concerned people to have a team of private investigators follow around their spouse to see if they are slutting it up. It's stated purpose is to help prevent infidelity because with this show always on the prowl, a person is supposed to think twice about bangin' out of wedlock. The true reason a person watches this show is to watch lives become ruined because they have a confrontation segment that shows the enraged person (who was just shown footage of their spouse having sex with another person usually) meet up with their unfaithful spouse and whoever the third wheel is. Needless to say hilarity ensues as well as tv magic.

Here's the host Joey Grecko getting stabbed while filming the confrontation segment on a boat.

I digress.

My mother and I noticed that this was on and it was a bit awkward for a moment because neither of us wanted to admit how much we love the show based solely off of Schadenfreude so I finally decided to turn up the volume just as we were seeing a gay dude find his partner and another one of his good friends at a night club.

I love the holidays.

No comments:

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics