The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Monday, January 26, 2009

A Song For Our Fathers

In my Human Societies class today, we were given the assignment of breaking a social norm by next class (Wednesday). A social norm is pretty much anything that is done and accepted by a culture and if one is to break such a rule, it is highly frowned upon.

Some of the other people in the class were talking about wearing their shirts backwards or eating supper with their hands or staring at strangers. I'm not going to go down so easy.
I plan on setting up shop right outside the schools chapel while wearing this shirt and with a portable iPod player cranking out Slayer's "Reign in Blood" right as it lets out (I'm not quite sure which track yet).

Will I get a lot of angry looks? I sure hope so, otherwise I wouldn't be violating a social norm to its fullest extent. Will I go to hell? That is to be seen.

Did I mention that I go to a Lutheran college?

4 comments:

Jules said...

you could also cross dress. just sayin. (i suggest shaved legs and heels). also, the hitler mustache is pretty abnormal for our society, and we all know how much like hitler you can look.

constant_k said...

be drunk be drunk be drunk

ALL THE LUVLEY LUTHRAN LADIES ARRRR COMIN OUT TODAY

royalewithcheese_ said...

Julie- Sorry, but that's a negative on the whole... Hitler thing, but I like the enthusiasm.

Max - I like where you're coming from and that might be how it goes down. I'm definitely going to need some added nerves to pull this off

Anonymous said...

dude, it's really not that scandalous.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics