The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Wordless Chorus

I've had the skill of acting like I know who someone is even though I haven't the slightest clue of who they are for quite a while. A major example is when I try to act like I know a person's name. I've pretty much been able to squeak by my whole life going off of the words "Dude", "Man", "Mother Fucker" whenever I wasn't quite sure who I was talking to. I knew that I had class/a study group/lived on the same floor/ got hammered with this person, but for whatever reason I just couldn't retain their name.

Well that changed just a little bit tonight. I found out that one of my floor mates who I've been periodically and casually talking to (in the sense of "how're you doing?") has been cleared up. It doesn't matter how I figured it out, but I found out one of my floor mates names without acting like a total d-bag. ex: "Hey man, I've seen you just about every day of the past 5 months but I still don't actually know your name".

Oh well. As a great man once said "That shit will buff."

No comments:

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics