The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Torn To Pieces

Well, my good friend Mr. Thomas Day will be gracing the Fargo/Moorhead area this weekend which means I have to get myself ready both physically and mentally for what's about to happen. Right now, I'm drinking some green tea to boost the antioxidant load in my body in a feeble attempt to guard by body against as many toxins as possible because god knows I'll be making a trip to the Empire bar at some point while he's here.

I'm also listening to some solid classic death metal, Death. Death was more or less the band that ignited the genre and created the initial trajectory that death metal has since taken (and to an extent, extreme metal in general). The best part about Death is that as the band evolved over the years they became more and more (and more) progressive and complex with their riffs, time signatures, and even lyrical content. They went from 4/4 beats and having albums named Scream Bloody Gore, which is still amazing by the way, to The Sound of Perseverance wherein they utilize a ridiculous amount of key and tempo changes, sing about existential crisis and esoteric beliefs, and have riffs may or may not have been created by Rasputin's ghost. For people who don't enjoy metal at all I totally understand because it's painfully hard to get into, but for someone like me it is incredibly enjoyable to listen to music that was written by the artists and is arguably the most complex music in the world that isn't classical.

Anyways, time to head to work again. And yeah, it'll be good to see Tom again.

No comments:

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics