The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You Left Without Leaving

Alien and Aliens are two of my favorite films of all time. When I first heard that Ridley Scott was making a prequel for his masterpiece, Alien, I was ridiculously excited. Then I heard that it was only tangentially connected and that it only really took place in the same mythos and universe I was a little bit bummed, but still really excited because, fuck, this dude made Blade Runner. And then I sort of forgot about the film on purpose because what's the point of waiting for a film when it won't come out any faster and when I don't want anything spoiled for me by looking at 100's of behind the scene photos?

Well, I finally broke down and watched a viral video they released starring Michael Fassbender who apparently plays and android named David 8 in the film. Holy balls it pushed all the right buttons for me to be excited for the movie all over again. Fassbender has a certain quality in his roles that have always hinted he was an android, (how could any person be that cool and calm and collected in Inglorious Basterds like he was, and come on, Magneto in the 60's? He can control metal. Androids are made of metal. Boom) so I can't help but feel he has the potential to do an amazing job in this film.

Anyways, run-on sentences aside and bastardization of grammar, I'm really looking forward to this film.

Here's the video I was talking about


p.s. Oh yeah, if you have the glasses, it's in fuckin' 3D if you want to watch it that way. yeah.

No comments:

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics