The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Friday, November 13, 2009

You Summon That Demon



Alright, well maybe Between the Buried And Me isn't that kind of metal. But goddamn, on this new album there is some guitar, my friends. Only midway through the album (6 tracks total, still clocks in at 59:30), but I can already tell the latest release owns their previous, Colors. The Great Misdirect's tight production and effortless movements keep me attentive to a degree I've never known with metal. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

sherlock said...

oh god, the bass guitar

it hums

royalewithcheese_ said...

I picked this album up this past week and it's damn good. My only complaints are the horse neighing and the fact that the last track is over 17 minutes long.

Other than that, it's a top notch prog-metal album

sherlock said...

yeah the horse-neighing is strange. Fortunately I didn't hear it on my first couple of casual listens, so it doesn't bother me too much. I only have problems with long songs when they feel too long, and there are enough movements and time signature changes in the last track to keep me interested. I think it's pretty rock solid

royalewithcheese_ said...

I agree with that as far as the last track, but because of all the tempo changes and the song is so varied, I just don't know why they didn't turn that into two (or three) different tracks.

sherlock said...

It's a metal symphony, my friend.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics