The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Bottle

I finished my first day of classes today and I've gotta say, they weren't as bad as they could have been.

None of my teachers seem to be on any major power trips and I don't have any death grudges with of the students which surprisingly is a real plus.

The first day of class usually happens the same way.
- I show up to class a little bit early and awkwardly look around for a decent spot to sit where I have the best chance of sitting near/on some hotties.
- After realizing I'm just a little bit too early, I just sit my ass down somewhere and pray to baby Jesus for some decent people to be in the class with me.
- Everyone shows up and I realize that I am not all that near/on any hotties. damn
- Teacher will introduce themselves and hand out syllabus.
- Depending on the age/cannabis use of the teacher they'll attempt some sort of joke that usually falls on it's face, but sometime actually allicts a chuckle or two... I'm waiting for the ladder to happen.
- Depending on the class size the teacher will have an ice breaker where everyone will say their name and mention something interesting about themselves.

Today while in the "icebreaker" phase of the first day of class, most of the normal interesting facts about people showed up like clockwork... "I like to Travel", "I'm a black belt in Karate", "I come from a town of 200". Anyways in my Religion class it gets to this one girl, he name slips my mind right now, and she gave one of the more solid answers I've heard in a while. Her response to what made her different and interesting was (yeah I wrote this down so I can use quotes), "Well, there isn't a whole lot that that's interesting about me other than I often like to drink Red Bull and kick it to VH1".

There was period of about four seconds where nobody made a sound because they were probably all contemplating what was just said. Then there was a chuckle or two and I think I heard a "WTF" from my left.

I guess the only other monumental thing that happened today was when I showed up to my Microbiology class which has about 50 or 60 people, I was one of two (2) guys. F yeah. F yeah...

No comments:

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics