The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Well, I guess this is it

It was never my intention to drag out this top albums of the year, it just kind of happened. I've had this top 10 since December so it's hard to explain that I've been this lazy for four months, but that's exactly what it is...

Without any further adieu, my top albums of 2010...

2.) Arcade Fire, The Suburbs... I forgot to put 3 on my last post... whoops... this would have been it... Anyways, just look at the last post for my thoughts on this album.

And my top album of the year... You can go fuck yourself, it's a tie for first place.

1.) (Tie) The Social Network Soundtrack - Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross.
It pains me to put a fucking soundtrack in the top spot for my albums of the year, but for those who know me it might be somewhat obvious. I've always dug NIN and I've always been of fan of Post-Rock which means I can wrap my head around instrumental tracks and songs that kind of hang around. With this album, the tracks that hang around are simply beautiful and I can't find a track that shouldn't belong. With all that said, this is an amazing dark ambient album, but it just so happens to be a soundtrack. It's not only a soundtrack, but it helps make The Social Network what it is, a ridiculously impersonable film that makes the viewer question their friends.





And number one (I guess part two). I really had a hard time differentiating the top album because I had such a terrible time figuring out how much I loved each album (this will make sense once you see what my other top album is). The problem is that each album is so different in so many different ways. Not only that, each album is perfect as far as I'm concerned which makes any further criticism mute as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, here's my (other) top album of 2010

1.) The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt.

This album is a fucking powerhouse. I consider myself very lucky for discovering this album. Sure, it's a folk album but that's like calling Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of The Moon just a rock album... But hell, I have to make it clear that I'm a fucking raving Bob Dylan fan and The Tallest Man on Earth in all his Scandinavian glory invokes Bob Dylan with his nonchalant, gravely voice but there is somehow something more...

I honestly can't put my finger on what makes The Wild Hunt my album of the year. It such as shit isn't the production. I guess it isn't the mysticism surrounding a Swede sounding like Bob Dylan and making magical music. I guess It's just the fact that this is an amazing album... I hate to say it, but Nuff' Said.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

oooo a soundtrack? Didn't see that coming. And a Swedish bob dylan? I'm satisfied.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics