The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Girl in a Slayer Jacked

3. Girl Talk - All Day
Okay well this is awkward... This is a band (one many show (god above men)) who I've listened since 2006. That said, good God I love Girl Talk. It is really really close to being drugs on music (which only makes sense after listening to Girl Talk). This album is just as amazing as anything he has created before and that is nothing but awesome. You want some Wu Tang Clan beats on top of Radiohead? You've got it! You want Black Sabbath over anything??? Well there you go, it's there. I really wanted to give this the top album of the year, but I just couldn't... So good, but I just couldn't give a mashup the best of...



2. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Okay, I just want to point out that I made my top ten mid-December so the fact that this album was the album of the year according to the Grammy's should be irrelevant, but I still feel like I need to point this out... Alright... is that cleared up?? okay?? Good. I have no problem in saying that Arcade Fire's 2004 album, Funeral, is at least to me one of the top 10 albums of the past 15 years. With that out of the way, The Suburbs manages to create a cohesive message of the existence of being from a suburb/small ass town/anywhere. I have found it almost impossible to suggest to my friends and classmates, but in that same breath, the album is not universally suggestible. Yeah, I love it and it is indie heaven, and sure lyrically the album can easily be dwelled on for years to come. But that shouldn't matter... The Suburbs has easily the best one-two combo as far as tracks come since I've been listening to music in The Suburbs and the track Ready to Start.
.
That just isn't fair to such an awesome album so I'll put another track on the blog...
Goofy haircut aside, here's another amazing track off of The Suburbs.

If you don't dig Arcade Fire or Indie in the first place, this is a loss of a post... If you are somewhat intrigued, this just might turn into your album of the year, it's that good.

No comments:

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics