The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Take a swim with me

It's been a good week. Last Friday I was lucky enough to snag a free ticket to a Trampled By Turtles concert and I've got to admit, it was a really sweet show. I'm not much of a bluegrass fan for the most part, but somehow they put on a show that was exciting and it made me question my thoughts on the genre which is a very difficult thing for any band to do.

Here's their video from their newest album, Palmino



On Saturday afternoon, I managed to finally go to The Social Network and I have to say that it really might be the best film of the year. The acting was spot on for all of the roles, and the dialogue was ridiculous. Somehow a film was made about a website and it was amazing. I remember laughing to myself when I first heard that a film was green lit that was based around the founding of Facebook.

The film's soundtrack was done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (of NIN fame) and the soundtrack was dark and foreboding in such a way that it quite possibly was the perfect compliment to the film which was based around jealousy, genius, and betrayal. It's the first soundtrack I've picked up since the Batman Forever Soundtrack...

And finally, I'm going to Jackass 3D in about two hours. It's easily one of the guiltiest pleasures I have these days behind hookers and cock fighting, but there's no sense fighting it. I know I'll see a lot of shit and a ridiculous amount of male nudity, but that's alright. I'm ready to have sore ribs from laughing so hard.

2 comments:

constant_k said...

how was jackass 3d

royalewithcheese_ said...

Jackass 3D was everything that you would expect it to be. It's definitely up to par in terms of what one wants in a Jackass film, and they exploit the 3D in such a way that you can tell they're doing stuff just to showoff that they have 3D, but it's entirely satisfying at the same time.

watch it.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics