The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Mick's Office

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I just haven't had much to talk about... Until now.

First up, I've picked up some pretty damn legit music lately and they've managed to hold up to a few listens.

Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Pt. II is a gem of an album. I've always had a soft spot for the Wu-Tang Clan and this album validates everything that they were known for. I never got around to getting the first Cuban Linx, but I'm starting to regret that, because as far as East-coast rap goes, this is stellar. There are quite a few guest spots like Ghostface, Method Man, and Inspectah Deck, but somehow Raekwon always snags the highlight of each track.

I've also been listening to quite a bit Deadmau5 because his new album For Lack of A Better Name has been uploaded to his myspace recently. It is first and foremost a progressive house album so if you're a fan of the genre you'll love it. I liked his last album Random Album Title, but this one is somehow stronger and tighter than his last effort. It's a bit on the minimalistic side, but is still a worthy listen and could be my #1 electronic album of the year. Time will tell.
In other news, who needs six degrees of separation when you can get two. I just found out today that one of my roommates somehow got Minnesota Wide Receiver Percy Harvin to add him as a friend of facebook. He somehow got added back when he was still in college and isn't taking any more requests as he only had 4,500 friends total. Well, he somehow started looking on his twitter account and stumbled upon Chad Ochocinco's twitter. Yesterday, Chad made a huge mistake... he put his cell phone number on a tweet as he was replying to Britney Spears. So yeah, I've got Chad Ochocinco' phone number now.

UPDATE -- the phone number is now being forwarded to the Bengals office. damn

6 comments:

constant_k said...

joke: Why does Helen Keller have holes in her face? She tried eating with a fork.

constant_k said...

joke: how did helen keller burn the side of her face? she answered the iron. how did she burn the other side? they called back.

constant_k said...

joke: what do you call a tennis match between helen keller and stevie wonder? endless love

constant_k said...

okay I'm done

royalewithcheese_ said...

Helen Keller jokes. priceless.

Did you get these from the same place as you got your polio jokes?

constant_k said...

nah I found them elsewhere.

good two-part opening quote for a short film:

“Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.”
Helen Keller

Q: How do you get Helen Keller to keep a secret?
A: Break her fingers.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics