The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It Was Only A Matter Of Time...

The leaves are falling from the trees, I'm seeing my breath when I get off work in the morning, and my car's mileage is getting worse by the day and that means only one thing - Black Metal.

Black metal is a genre that I really only listen to in the fall and winter because it is so damn bleak and monstrous that listening to it in the summer just doesn't really have the same feeling.

With that, I just picked up Wolves in the Throne Room's newest album, "Celestial Lineage", and it is a beast, a glorious glorious beast. The album somehow takes what was best in their three previous albums and melds it all together for a wonderful listen. The shrieks are still there. The droning guitars are still there. And yet it somehow is fresh. I really can't put my finger on what makes me enjoy this album so much.


p.s. Wolves in the Throne Room aren't Satanic or anything like that, they're just Eco-anarchists who sing about the forest and that sort of thing. Not even kidding.

No comments:

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics