The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Corn Corn Corn Corn Corn

Last week in Cedar Falls, IA (the place I'm at right now) there was a huge storm that apparently was as destructive as a tornado, but there was no tornado involved. There were trees and shit strewn everywhere (quite a scene especially when you see the shit in the trees) and there was widespread general fuck-uping of houses and property.

At my grandfather's neighborhood there was quite a bit of this going on. One neighbor had a garage get thrown off it's foundation and now it's like the leaning tower of Pisa only... less cultured. Another neighbor of his had a tree smash through their roof and presumably into their bedroom.

Then, there's my grandpa's place. not a fucking scratch. So, when I went over to his place to check on him (I was out of town all weekend camping) I found out that he was without power for just under 3 days. I asked him how he was and I quote.

Him - "It was Horrible, just horrible."
This Guy - "Really, are you okay? Is the house fine?"
Him - No, it was the worst thing ever. I didn't shave for days."
This Guy - "Wait, what?"

That's right, he wasn't so worried about widespread devastation or anything like that. He was pissed that he couldn't shave

No comments:

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics