The Stiche Corner - Sort of like a Norman Rockwell painting, if Rockwell had been influenced by hookers and cock fighting.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I've got an Ahab

Well, I've been done with my sophomore year for just under a week and I thought I would give my general thoughts on everything.

Overall, (with the exception of Anatomy (fuck anatomy)) I felt like the year in the academic sense was a success. I learned quite a bit and for the most part it was because I genuinely wanted to learn what was being taught in my classes so in that sense I can say I had a pretty good group of professors. One down note to mention -- I still haven't the slightest clue on grammar.

On the social aspect of this past year, I really think I hit my stride. I didn't dig my freshman year a whole lot and I had a tough time to be honest, but whatever it was I managed to find my place at Concordia and had a good time. I made quite a few friends, and they were good friendships, not the kind where I know a person simply as "bro" or "dude" or "motha' fucka'" and help them cheat on math tests. It's been a good year.

Anyways, I'm back home now and tying to find some work for myself, but I haven't had any luck yet. That said, I've been rocking the shit out of Diablo II and I've made a huge mistake. I thought it would be a relatively short game (or at most 25 hours), but shit, dude it's really long and really fun. Today, I tried to break the monotony of Diablo and catching up on season 8 of Scrubs by taking a bit of a fun run and for not being physically active in god knows how long it went well. I knew that This American Life episodes are just under an hour long so I managed to have a nice little jog and listen to a whole episode.

Things I'm excited for this summer...
- Terminator Salvation (even though it's directed by McG and PG-13)
- Star Trek (why not?)
- The Field's new album "Yesterday & Today"
- fires on the beach

2 comments:

constant_k said...

hahahahhahaha stick just joggin along, being all vaguely intrigued as ira glass wheedles his way through some quirk of upper middle class white existence

I am one to talk: sometimes I will go for a walk and listen to A Prairie Home Companion.


Items missing from your summer excitement list:
sunburn
porches
TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE FALLEN

Anonymous said...

...champion of the sun. you're a master of karate and friendship for everyone.

For Vanities sake

web site traffic statistics